Sitting in your chair for too long is the primary cause for tight hips, back & leg pain in today’s sedentary society. Did you know you can use that very same chair that is causing you pain to help relive it?
Here is how to do the chair hip stretch.
- Cross ankle over the opposite knee.
- Place your hands firmly on the edge of your chair under your butt.
- Slowly lower your tailbone towards the ground, gently stretching your hips and loosening your lower back and legs.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds (or as long as you can to start).
- Repeat on the other side.
Practice this stretch regularly while you are at your desk or when you are at home to reduce back, hip & leg pain.